- UK Specialist
- European coverage
- Offices in UK and European Mainland
- Posted in category: General
As you know the United Kingdom (UK) will no longer be part of the European Union (EU) as from the 1st of January 2021 onwards. Negotiations are still ongoing, and although the UK already announced a relaxation period for the first six months of 2021 transportation between the EU and the UK will definitely require customs formalities. We kindly ask you to take notice of the attached information.
To avoid congestion in the Dutch and UK ports we need all relevant data to be confirmed prior to accepting the booking to ship across. If you wish to use our services for EU export and/or import clearances, we require following information at least one working day prior to loading:
• VAT Number and EORI number of the EU supplier
• Signed direct representation form that has been signed by the actual shipper of the goods (see documents)
• Sales invoice with following information:
– Full entity details including VAT number and EORI number of the shipper
– Full entity details including VAT number and EORI number of the buyer
– Correct HS codes and a clear and correct cargo description
– Value clearly specified by each individual HS code
– Number of packages specified by each individual HS code
– Exact gross and net weight specified by each individual HS code
– Correct incoterms
• VAT number and EORI number of the UK receiver
• Extract Chamber of Commerce with authorized person to sign POA
• Confirmation of your duty deferment account
• CMR for transport purposes, on request supplied by us
• If for any reason you prepare your own documents we will need a copy prior to loading
To allow imports and exports to be completed as smoothly as possible we kindly ask you to inform us whether or not you require our assistance, or you will use your own agents. In the last scenario we need full details of the agents involved.
We kindly ask you to supply us with all required information. If in the meantime you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Export Declarations (EU and Netherlands) and for Dutch importers:
Our partners for Brexit:
NLD Customs B.V.
1e Barendrechtseweg 82
2992 XC Barendrecht
Relay Port Agency
Hessle Haven House
14 Livingstone Road, Hessle